How to reach us (NEW!)The POEMS 2017 Workshop will take place in room U4-08 (also known as room "Luisella Sironi") of the Univesity of Milano Bicocca. The room is located in the basement of building U4. Please reach the entrance of building U4 and then follow the crowd (or, more likely, the indication signs).
University of Milano Bicocca is very near to the Milano Greco train station. Milano Greco is a station of the suburban line S9. The line links the Porta Garibaldi, Lambrate, Porta Romana, San Cristoforo, Sesto San Giovanni and Monza stations.
The room Sironi (in the building U4 of the campus) and the Novotel Ca’Granda (the main congress Hotel) are about 20-25 mins-walk apart. Click here for a simple map or here for a direct link to Google Maps.
It is also feasible to take the metro M5 for just one stop, from CA'GRANDA to BICOCCA (see the map).
How to reach the Novotel (from the airports of Malpensa and Linate, and from Stazione Centrale):
- From Milano Linate Airport: take the bus STARFLY toward Stazione di Milano Lambrate and then take the Metro up to CA'GRANDA station. Click here to download a map of the Metro.
- From Milano Malpensa Airport: take the shuttle train Malpensa Express or the shuttle Bus to Stazione Centrale (Milan Central Station) and then take the Metro up to CA'GRANDA station. Click here to download a map of the Metro.
- From Stazione Centrale: take the Metro up to CA'GRANDA station. Click here to download a map of the Metro.
CA'GRANDA station is on the Metro M5 line ("Lilla", which means purple). Click here to reach the web site of the public transportation system in Milano.
BY TAXI (fares are approximate):
- Linate Airport --> Novotel Ca'Granda: 30 €
- Malpensa Airport --> Novotel Ca'Granda: 130 €
- Stazione Centrale --> Novotel Ca'Granda: 20 €
- Stazione di Milano Lambrate --> Novotel Ca'Granda: 25 €